I remember listening to NSYNC’s No Strings Attached album on my CD player while I was waiting to go on stage to perform for a ballet recital when I was like, nine. I remember going through that CD booklet and reading every word on those pages because it was like I knew them.
I had this pink jacket on over my long tutu and tights that night, and in my mind I was the baddest chick in the room as I rocked out to “Bye Bye Bye.”
It’s safe to say that these boys are a big part of my childhood — my life! So when Jake told me they were reuniting… I can’t. You just don’t even know. (He saw them in concert though…and you’re calling me the fan girl.)
So, without further ado…in honor of NSYNC reuniting at the 2013 Video Music Awards, I would like to present this list of my pick for Top 10 NSYNC songs of all time.
- It’s Gonna Be Me (No Strings Attached, 2000)
- Bye Bye Bye (No Strings Attached, 2000)
- Tearin’ Up My Heart (‘N Sync, 1997)
- Space Cowboy (Yippie-Yi-Yay) (No Strings Attached, 2000)
- I Want You Back (‘N Sync, 1997)
- Bringin’ Da Noise (No Strings Attached, 2000)
- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays (Home For Christmas, 1998)
- No Strings Attached (No Strings Attached, 2000)
- Pop (Celebrity, 2001)
- Here We Go (‘N Sync, 1997)
You have no idea how hard it was to choose. With that being said, I have to go ahead and award honorable mention to (God Must Have Spent) A Little More Time (‘N Sync, 1997). It’s one of those songs where you’d just sit in your car on the way to school (because your parents still drove you around) and you would daydream about Justin proposing to you.
…or was that just me?
What’s your favorite NSYNC song? Do you have any memories associated with one, or do you remember a time when a song of theirs was particularly important to you? I want to hear! Comment below!