It’s baking season! Fall is in the air and you can smell it with every single girl who passes you on the street holding a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte. What can I say, anything pumpkin flavored is a winner in my book. It’s such a significant marker of the season!
Pumpkin is also near and dear to my heart because every Thanksgiving my mom always makes the best pumpkin pie. Some people look forward to the mash and gravy — some the turkey or stuffing — but for me, it’s all about the dessert.
Last year I shared my pumpkin whoopie pie recipe with you, but today I’m going to divulge a new recipe I found on Pinterest: the easiest pumpkin chocolate chip cookies you have ever made. Seriously, there’s only three ingredients.
What you’ll need:
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree (I used Libby’s)
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix spice cake mix and pumpkin puree. (Remember that you won’t be needing anything else the spice cake box calls for — just the spice mix itself.)
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough into round balls and place on greased pan. (I used an ice cream scooper.)
- Bake for around 13 minutes.
- Remove and let cool on tray for a few minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling.
The finished product has more of a muffin-top texture that’s moist, spongey, and most importantly chocolatey. (Because who doesn’t love a muffin top? Who needs the bottom anyway?) Jake was unsure of the chocolate + pumpkin combo when I first mentioned it to him, but as soon as he walked into the apartment and smelled what was going down, he got on board pretty quickly.
I love that these have such a soft texture while looking incredibly flaky and hearty. They surprise people in the best way possible because you simply cannot have just one. Just ask my co-workers — the batch I brought in was gone like that! These are also a perfect holiday gift — just wrap them up in a cute mason jar and voila!
Yes, I know it may be a little too early to start thinking about holiday gifts, but what can I say… I’ve already started working on my Christmas list! Don’t forget to share your favorite pumpkin recipes with me in the comments below, and look out for more of my pumpkin recipes this baking season — coming soon!