A breakfast or anytime snack you need to re-pin!
I don’t know about you, but I’m all for having breakfast food at anytime. That’s what makes these little morsels I’m about to introduce you to all the better.
In this edition of weeknight meals, I’m featuring what I like to call Ultimate Breakfast Cups. All you really need is a muffin tin and all the breakfast components you’ve got in your fridge.
And let me just tell you that I love muffin tin recipes. They are so handy. This just happens to be one of my favorites. Hopefully I can share more soon!
Here’s what you’ll need (ingredients for 1 batch, which yields 6 breakfast cups): 3 pieces of bread, 6 eggs, and 6 pieces of bacon.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray the inside of your muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Cut your 3 pieces of bread in half (this only works if your slices are large, otherwise use 6 pieces), and place one inside each hole of your muffin tin.
- Cook bacon in a skillet. Make sure it doesn’t get too crispy.
- After cooking your bacon and patting off the excess oil, wrap each piece around the inside of the muffin tin to form six little rings.
- Carefully crack one egg in each bacon ring.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper (at this point you can also add cheese or any other garnish).
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes (depending on how you like your yolks).
And that’s all! It’s a fun way to re-mix breakfast if you’re tired of having your same old bacon and eggs flopped onto your plate — looking all lonely and shriveled.
Put some life back into your breakfast and pop some of these breakfast cups into the oven for a change!
Click here for another muffin tin trick!