So normally if we’re going to make burgers for dinner, we’ll heat up some fries (if we have some in the freezer). It always takes forever and the thought of that eternity makes you not want any.
This week’s weeknight meal recipe is for a healthier and quicker side to complement your homemade burger — and I’m calling them zucchini fries!
I found a recipe on Pinterest for crusty parmesan-herb zucchini bites, and adapted it from there. These zucchini wedges aren’t as crispy as fries, but are seasoned with herbs and cheese for a flavorful side.
Here’s what you’ll need: 2 zucchinis, shredded Parmesan cheese, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice your zucchini in half, then slice up into smaller wedge pieces.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Brush both sides of each zucchini piece with olive oil, then place each one on the foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese with 1/2 – 1 tablespoon of rosemary and thyme. (If you’re using fresh herbs, mince them. I used spices out of the jar.)
- Sprinkle the mixture over the zucchini on the foil, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15 minutes. (Place under the broiler for the last couple minutes to crisp and brown the cheese!)
And that’s it! Way faster than your average frozen fry pack. And way better for you. Enjoy!
Fore more easy weeknight meals, click here.