Okay so I’m a pepper jack cheese fiend. Like I can’t get enough of the stuff. If I could put it on anything (and everything), I would.
Sometimes I look for weeknight dinner inspiration on Google, and I start by typing in something that sounds like it could be a recipe. Sometimes I get lucky. Last night was one of those nights.
The south says I can put pepper jack cheese on my chicken! So without further a do, here is the recipe for chicken with pepper jack cheese and bacon. (Pepper jack cheese and bacon?! Be still my heart.) I made a few changes from this recipe I found on Pinterest.
Here’s what you’ll need: flattened chicken breasts, bacon, pepper jack cheese
Optional: BBQ sauce and green onion for garnish.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook your chicken breasts for about five minutes on each side, or until they’re browned (and make sure they’re flattened).
- Cook up some bacon, two slices per chicken breast.
- Place your chicken in a pan, top with bacon, and finally lay down a piece of pepper jack cheese. (At this point you can also coat your chicken with some BBQ sauce)
- Put the pan in the oven for about 6 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Add your green onion garnish (optional) — then enjoy!
For more easy weeknight meal inspiration, click here!