Can’t wait to share this low carb recipe? Pin it on Pinterest!
One of the more unfortunate things in life, as stated in Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, is that bread makes you fat. So that must also mean that pizza, a delicious doughy cheesy concoction, also does the same.
That’s where you’re wrong, friend. Well…A little less wrong. I’ve found a way to make you feel a little less guilty about indulging in one of America’s favorite meals.
This week’s weeknight meal recipe: Low carb pizza!
I’m not super crazy about “low carb” anything, but I do like cutting unnecessary carbs out of my diet when I can. So I’m thinking, if I can make a delicious pizza without all the extra carbs — why not? That’s why in this recipe, you replace the dough with a cheese mixture that will blow your mind.
What you’ll need: cream cheese, two eggs, parmesan cheese (for the crust), mozzarella cheese (for topping), tomato paste or pizza sauce, and any toppings you plan on putting on your pizza.
- First you’ll make the crust. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together 8 oz. of cream cheese, 1 cup of parmesan cheese, and two eggs.
- Spray a 9×13 baking sheet with cooking oil, then spread out the mixture evenly.
- Put the pan in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once time’s up, take it out to cool, and crank your oven up to 425 degrees.
- Spread 1 cup of tomato paste or pizza sauce on your crust.
- Dump a handful of cheese on there. I did about 1 cup of mozzarella and 1/2 cup cheddar.
- Then add the rest of your toppings! I made a pepperoni pizza, so I added a generous amount on top.
- Bake for 15 more minutes, cool for 10, and you’ve got yourself a delicious meal!
I also served this dish with a side caesar salad — something simple to prepare while your pizza is baking during the last 15 minutes. As far as pizzas go, it’s not traditionally sturdy, so you’ll need a fork! But it sure is just as good as any pizza I’ve made at home.
Enjoy! Fore more easy weeknight meal recipes, click here!