Look yummy? Share the recipe on Pinterest!
I was telling Jake it’s amazing that I can even cook at all. I mean, I never thought I’d be able to put things together that tasted good. I grew up uninterested in cooking, and after moving out realized all the knowledge I missed out on.
About a year ago I started visiting my mom for short cooking lessons before work, and look at me now! I got three pots going and I’m making intricate meals for myself. It’s amazing!
Here’s what you’ll need: Farfalle pasta (the bow ties), two chicken breast fillets, salt, pepper, Pesto, flour, milk, and butter.
- Cook your chicken breasts after seasoning (salt, pepper). Once they’re cooked, slice into pieces when you have time (once you get your pasta going). I usually cook mine on a grill pan.
- Add Farfalle pasta into a pot of water on the stove. Once the water is boiling, cook for about 11 minutes. Don’t forget to salt the water!
- In a sauce pan, mix 1 tbsp of butter and 1 and 1/2 tsps of flour. Then add 1 cup of milk (you can also use heavy cream) and 2 tbsps of pesto. Add a pinch of salt. Mix together on medium heat.
- Bring your sauce to a boil until it thickens.
- On low heat, mix in pasta and chicken so that they get coated in your sauce.
Then all you’ve got to do is serve it up and enjoy! And while you’re at it, you can even throw some garlic bread in the oven as a nice side.
The only downside to this dish is that you’ve got a lot of clean up to do. I mean, come on, three pots/pans? Give a girl a break.
For more fun weeknight meals, click here!