These stuffed bell peppers are too yummy not to share! Re-pin them on Pinterest!
We actually had friends over too — my friend Adrienne and her boyfriend Chad. So while the boys played Madden on Jake’s Xbox, she and I were in the kitchen.
It was a nice change of pace because I usually cook alone, but as she said while we were cooking: “it’s always better with two people in the kitchen.”
And she’s right too, because there was a decent amount of prep work that went into the dish I was making: stuffed bell peppers.
Ingredients: Four bell peppers (I made two per person), 1 pound of ground beef, shredded cheese, tomato sauce, a small onion, a large garlic clove, salt, pepper, Worcestershire ground black pepper, a slice of bread, and one egg.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice off the tops of your bell peppers and hollow them out.
- Finely chop an onion until you’ve got enough for about 1/2 cup.
- Finely mince your large garlic clove.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1 lb ground beef, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1/2 tsp Worcestershire ground black pepper. Break up a slice of bread into pieces and knead it into the mixture, and finally mix in one egg.
- Place your vegetables in a pan to brown, then add the meat mixture.
- Once your meat is cooked, add your tomato sauce (I used a 4 oz can), and let that simmer for a couple minutes. (You can also mix in shredded cheese at this point.)
- Take the pan off the heat and spoon it into your bell peppers.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Place filled bell peppers in a baking pan that’s oven safe, and bake for 30 minutes.
And in ten steps or less, you’ll have some yummy stuffed bell peppers! And why not whip up a side of bacon wrapped asparagus while you’re at it?