Love the recipe? Pin It on Pinterest!
Twice baked potatoes are probably the best and yummiest side dish for a good home-cooked steak. And if that’s what you’re serving up for dinner at home, you better get on this recipe.
Here’s what you’ll need (based on two servings): two potatoes, shredded cheese, bacon, butter, and chives/green onion.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap your potatoes in foil and put them in the oven for 50 – 60 minutes, or until you can spear it with a fork and it passes easily through. (The larger your potato, the longer you leave it in.)
- While your potatoes are in the oven, cook up some bacon and crumble it into pieces for later.
- Once your potatoes are finished, take them out of the foil and let them cool.
- As soon as they’re cool enough to handle, slice off the top 1/4 of the potato, and use a spoon to take out the interior — leaving a small ring of potato attached to the skin (about 1/4 inch).
- Mix the potato insides with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and 2 tbsps of butter in a bowl.
- Scoop this mixture back into your hollowed potatoes, top with the bacon bits you prepared earlier, and top with more shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Finally, add your chives or green onion garnish on top, and enjoy!
What are your favorite home-cooked meals?