If you’re looking for a yummy snack to make, or even a good side dish for a meal, look no further than these cheesy bacon potato skins!
What you need:
- 2 small potatoes or 1 big one
- shredded cheese
- green onion (or chives/a garnish of your liking)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice up your potato(es) so that they’re not too thin and not too thick — maybe a little thicker than a poker chip.
- Place your potatoes in a pot on the stove with enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Salt the water
- Begin to boil your potatoes — once water starts boiling, cover for 5 minutes.
- Take potatoes out of the pot, pat them dry, and lay them out on a baking sheet/pan so that they overlap each other in rows.
- Cover rows of potatoes with shredded cheese
- Add bacon (that you’ve previously cooked and crumbled, or use bacon bits)
- Put in oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Pull them out and add your green onions or other garnish, and you’re ready to eat!
Quick story: If you’ve never boiled potatoes before, don’t be alarmed — I’ve never done that either. I ended up putting too much water in the pot because I had too many potatoes…and as it boiled after I put the lid on the pot, hot water began spilling out of it…
Luckily Jake came and helped…but I have to say, I wasn’t feeling very good about how they were going to turn out after the incident. Hopefully the next time I try this I’ll have it all figured out.
But my party guests still said they were good! I guess you can’t beat the power of cheese and bacon.