It’s the Super Bowl! And you know what that means…beer and snacks all day.
Jake and I decided to have a little get together to watch the game this year, even though his team didn’t make it. (Go Eagles!) So he’s for the Seahawks, and I, an avid football fan (sarcasm), am for the Broncos. Why, you may be wondering? Well my dad is from Colorado. Which is as good a reason as any.
Even though I’m not the biggest football fan in the world, the one thing I love about the Super Bowl is people coming together to have fun (and eat. Mostly eat). Simply: I love throwing parties.
One quick Super Bowl snack I whipped up this year: Pepperoni pizza rolls! They’re amazingly simple and yummy. Plus you can make them any day of the week — not just on Super Bowl Sunday.
- string cheese
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (you can use plain or butter garlic, which I used)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pop your Pillsbury crescent roll dough open and separate the eight triangles. (Each can yields eight rolls). You can either use the plain dough, or garlic butter — which I used. It gives it a more pizza taste if you don’t have any garlic powder on hand.
- Place about five pepperonis on each triangle of dough.
- Place half a string cheese on each dough piece.
- Roll up your creations!
- Place each roll onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. I baked mine for about 13.
- Take them out, let them cool, and enjoy!
A very simple recipe, and very happy party guests. Hope you enjoy! And have fun at your own Super Bowl party! Sound off on who you’re rooting for in the comments…
To see more recipes I’d like to try, check out my Pinterest board!